With all of the algorithm updates, changing content settings, and memes popping up on social media, adjusting your social media marketing strategy can be harder than getting used to the awkwardness of puberty.
Despite its constant evolution, social media will always have one constant – people. Human behavior has largely remained the same for thousands of years, which means that the principles of psychology are unshakable. So if you want to be successful on social media, you need to focus more on the people who use it than the trends that are changing it.
To help you develop an audience-centric social media strategy, we’ve compiled these insightful quotes on social media from business executives, marketers, and even celebrities. Read on for inspiration.
Social media quotes
1. “People want to go on the internet and check out their friends. So why not make a website that does it? Friends, pictures, profiles, whatever you can visit, shop around, maybe it’s someone you’re on one right now Party. I’m not talking about a dating site. I’m talking about taking advantage of the entire college social experience and putting it online. “- Jesse Eisenberg as Mark Zuckerberg on the social network
2. “It’s a dialogue, not a monologue, and some people don’t get it. Social media is more like a phone than a television.” – Amy Jo Martin, author of Renegades Write The Rules
3. “We can live in a time where we can use social media as a tool. It’s not just a face on a piece of paper, and that makes you a favorite model of someone. We can have a very similar sense of humor as someone . ” and that’s why we’re their favorite model or our personal style off the runway, that’s why we’re their favorite. “- Gigi Hadid, model
4th “I’m very active on social media and I see the huge impact it has on how you interact with fans and have a voice.” – Stephen Curry, professional basketball player
5. “A lot of people who are ‘social media’ stars are not considered to be ‘real’ stars, and people underestimate the amount of work it takes to edit and upload a video every day to document your life.” – Shawn Mendes, singer
Positive social media quotes
6th “Social media is not just an activity, it is an investment of valuable time and resources. Surround yourself with people who not only support you and stay with you, but also inform your thoughts on how you can inspire your online presence.” – Sean Gardner, Forbes Social Media Power Influencer, AI specialist
7th “Don’t use social media to impress people, use social media to influence people.” – Dave Willis, writer and speaker
8th. “Get on where you can fit, then focus on that platform.” – John Lawson, bestselling author and speaker
9. “You don’t need a company or a marketing firm to brand you now. You can do it yourself. You can find out who you are when you have social media.” – Ray Allen, professional basketball player
10. “A brand is no longer what we say to the consumer – it is what consumers say to each other.” – Scott Cook, co-founder of Intuit
Social Media Marketing Quotes
11. “When I hear people discuss the ROI of social media? I remember why so many companies fail. Most companies don’t play the marathon. They play the sprint. They don’t worry about value and retention for lifetime.” I am concerned about short term goals. “- Gary Vaynerchuk, CEO of VaynerMedia
12th “Having a large social media presence is important as it is one of the last few ways to do low-cost marketing. Everything else involves buying eyeballs and ears. Social media enables a small business to make eyeballs and ears.” – Guy Kawasaki, Chief Evangelist, Canva
13. “Facebook is a discovery modeling platform. Its main goal is to keep the audience happy. So you will only get ROI if you create quality content for your audience.” – Kelly Hendrickson, Facebook director at HubSpot
14th ‘Instead of getting discouraged when a promising tweet doesn’t generate likes and retweets, watch out for the clicks and see how long people stay on the page after getting out of social. If your post is generating strong engagement, don’t worry so much about the superficial stats. “- Tallie Gabriel, producer at Unthinkable Media
15th “When you turn to press offices, you need to help drive traffic through social networks so that PR professionals are worth the effort. In addition to traditional outlets, publications now generate traffic from native content on social platforms members of the press and PR -Professionals today need to analyze their social media pages to see what type of content they’re sharing – before pitching. “- Ryan Bonnici, CMO, G2Crowd
16. “When it comes to social media marketing, you don’t have to post three times a day. It’s never about how often you post, it’s about the quality of your content.” – Janet Benson Amarhavwie, Social Media Manager
17th “You have to stop doing what everyone else is doing. Listen to your guts, go in a new direction, do something you’ve never done before. Learn from the best. Success is yours when you do.” go in your own direction. ” – Amanda Weinraub, business owner, social media manager, web designer
Funny social media quotes
We found these quotes on Pinterest. The authors are unknown, but they will make you laugh anyway.
18th “What happens on social media stays with Google forever.”
19th “Being famous on Instagram is basically the same as being rich on Monopoly.”
20th “I don’t have a fake social media personality. I’m really that ridiculous in real life.”
21st “Tumblr is currently the only social media network your parents didn’t ruin.”
22nd “I’m signing out because I’m bored. I’ll sign in again in five minutes because I’m bored.”
23. “For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction and an overreaction from social media.”
24. “Thank god for Facebook, otherwise I would have to call 598 people and tell them how far I have run today.”
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in February 2019 and has been updated for completeness.