Beautiful young woman reading a book while having coffee enjoying morning sunlight.
My favorite books are always the thought-provoking ones. These new non-fiction books are about the twists and turns of life and embracing adversity.
1. A series of happy events: coincidence and formation of the planet, life and you
While waiting for another book by Bill Bryson, this one is more than acceptable. It is a history book about humanity that is told with wit and style.
2. The Gift: 12 Lessons to Save Your Life
This book is about the prisons we build in our own minds that we can now fully relate to. The author describes how she is in a concentration camp and heals through pain.
3. The Moth and the Mountain: A True Story of Love, War and Everest
What if you got on a plane tomorrow and climbed Mount Everest? You might experience the same fear and mystery of the 1930s adventurer Maurice Wilson as explained in this report.
4. How I Learned to Understand the World: A Memory
One of my favorite books recently is called factfulness. The author of this book wrote his memoir before dying of pancreatic cancer and it is about a life of thoughtfulness.
5. Undaunted: My struggle against America’s enemies at home and abroad
Politics aside, this is a detailed account of the inner workings of government, espionage agencies, law enforcement agencies, and political maneuvers by someone who lived it.